September 29th - 1st October 2023 | 4th floor, Henry Sy, Sr., Hall, De La Salle University, Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila
We invite you to join us!
This event is a joint effort led by National Telehealth Center (NTHC) of the University of the Philippines Manila – National Institutes of Health, in cooperation with the following institutions:
- Ateneo de Manila University-Institute for Philippine Culture (ADMU-IPC)
- Cancer CARE Registry and Research Philippines Foundation (CARE PH)
- Center for Informatics of the University of San Agustin
- De La Salle University – Dr. Andrew L. Tan Data Science Institute
- UP Diliman – Department of Computer Science
- UP Manila – Standards and Interoperability Lab (UPM-SILab)
- Asia eHealth Information Network (AeHIN)
- Critical Data, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
Download the poster here.
What will you learn?
- Conference – National and international experts present their work on the health data science and informatics space through plenary talks.
- Posters – We invite students, faculty, researchers, and innovators to submit their papers on projects in health and data science and innovation, medical or clinical informatics, digital transformation, or public health. Of special interest are post-COVID-19 clinical or public health projects that will contribute towards universal health care (UHC) implementation in the Philippines : cancer, mental health, telehealth networks, and cost-effectiveness studies.
- Workshops – Workshops will cover topics such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, healthcare database management, data analytics and visualization, digital phenotyping, secondary data use, clinical text mining, and natural language processing.
- Datathon – Using public and private data sets, participants will have to solve relevant challenges for national public health, such as the study of the COVID-19 pandemic, among others. The teams may be made up of students, researchers, and professionals with data science, health, engineering, and related backgrounds. Everyone interested in collaboratively arriving at answers to challenging questions that may impact the local and international health ecosystem are welcome.
- Innovation – During the Fireside chat sessions, participants will be free to choose which speakers they will engage with on 5-minute spurts. There will also be session where an entrepreneur/company talks with a health care provider for 5 minutes to discuss how they are attempting to solve a specific challenge. Visit the Innovation Corner at (name of booth) for more details.
Universal Health Care
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources
Data Privacy and Security
Health Information Exchange