What is Philippine Datathon 2023?
- A datathon is a subset of a hackathon that centers on analyzing data to solve a problem, address a challenge, or meet a certain goal. While hackathons usually have a prototype of a deliverable at the end of the event, such as software, hardware, or mobile app, datathons are focused on analysis and glean insights from dataset(s). A datathon is a type of hackathon where, instead of a prototype, it has a model or research project.
- The 3rd Philippine Datathon 2023 is part of the global series of datathons co-organized by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Asia eHealth Information Network with local partners. In 2017 (Cebu) and 2018 (UP Diliman), the UP Manila National Telehealth Center was the local partner. This year, the roster of partners has increased.
Where is the Datathon Taking Place?
- The 3rd Philippine Datathon 2023 will be held on the 4th floor of the Henry Sy, Sr. Hall, in De La Salle University, Taft Avenue, Malate, Manila
When will the Challenge Take Place?
- The 3rd Philippine Datathon 2023 is a two-and-a-half day event, starting 29th of September (Friday), 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, continued to the next day, Saturday, 30th of September, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and finally on Sunday, 1st of October, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
How much time do I need to Commit?
- Your attendance during the entire two-and-a-half day event will be highly appreciated.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Anyone who is interested in data science, particularly (but not only) on Artificial Intelligence as this applies to healthcare. Note the fee of P2,500.00 as indicated on the registration page.
How are Teams Formed?
- Participating teams were invited from within the networks of the Organizing Committee members. Orientation sessions and vetting processes were held to arrive at the final list of participating teams.
Do I need to come with a Research Question?
- No. A common set of questions – for all participating teams – will be given during the event.
What Tools/Resources will be Provided?
- The tools will be discussed with the participating teams by the Technical Subcommittee in sessions prior to the event.
Will you be Providing Certificates for the Participants?
- Yes, there will be Certificates issued to all participants.
How do I Become a Mentor?
- To be a mentor, one must have worked with and be familiar with the dataset(s) to be used by the participating team.
What is Expected of Mentors?
- Mentors are expected to answer questions about the datasets of their respective participating team, be able to guide or coach others in helping them understand about the participating team’s dataset.
How does my Organization/Company Become a Partner?
- There are three ways that your organization can partner with the 3rd Philippine Datathon 2023:
- By becoming a sponsor (refer to the different sponsorship packages), or
- By being a participating team (i.e., part of the Datathon competition using your dataset as described above), or
- By simply registering as a non-competing participant / learner / observer, and paying the registration fee.